The first thing everyone asks is the cost, so let’s tackle this straight away, and if you don’t like the fees … well then, you don’t have to wade through this whole site, or even this entire page.
Standard Enrollment for a New Family: $300.00/year
This includes all children in grades K-12 that you wish to add (even if later in the same academic year).
BayShore School offers early enrollment discounts (for new and renewals) each year (generally from April 1 through May 31); watch the updates page for these announcements.
Enrolling Late? Not a problem, we offer prorated tuition fees.
For the 2020-2021 Academic Year
- Enroll during November 2020, the cost is $280.00
- During December 2020, the cost is $260.00
- After January 1, 2021, the cost is $250.00
• Enrollment in a California Private School
BayShore files the R-4 affidavit with the California Department of Education annually – your personal information remains private. We possess the appropriate governmental licenses to operate the business of a private school independent study program.
• Maintenance of Student Cumulative File
BayShore School maintains your child’s official school record, including attendance, semester reports and transcripts for students enrolled in grades 9-12.
• Administrative Interactions with School Officials
BayShore School requests your child’s records from the previous school setting (public, private or other homeschool program). We also verify your child’s enrollment should you be contacted by school officials.
• Guidance Counseling
Assistance determining and locating learning resources; high school advisement for college-bound, and work/trade-school students. Here for you with educational assistance when you need it, or if you prefer, not.
• Signatures & Work Permits
Occasionally a student needs to have a document signed by someone other than a family member; BayShore School’s director is available to provide this service (see restrictions). We can also issue work permits for enrolled students in good standing (additional cost for entertainment industry permits).
Restrictions & Requirements
- Student/family must reside in California; preferably in the southern region (counties: L.A., Orange, San Diego, San Bernardino, Riverside, Kern, Ventura, San Luis Obispo, Imperial, or Santa Barbara). Exceptions for northern California residents have been made, please contact BayShore School to inquire.
- Student/family must have access to, and be able to use email. No exceptions.
- Family must report days in attendance on a monthly basis.
- Family is required to submit two semester reports per child per academic year; one for the fall semester (August/September through the end of December), and one for the spring semester (January through May/June).
Steps to Enrollment
• Read through all of the BayShore School Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) web page;
• Read the online article, Homeschooling Through a Private ISP;
• Request the enrollment materials by completing the Enrollment Information Request form. This is the first step in the registration process. Please complete all answers fully – failure to do so could delay your children’s enrollment.
• You will receive an email from BayShore School confirming receipt of your interest in enrollment. You may be asked some additional questions before being directed to the next step in the application process.
• If accepted, you will be sent an email attachment (.pdf) which you must download, print, complete, sign, and mail. Please make sure that you have Adobe Reader installed on your computer to open the PDF.
• Reviews may take up to seven (7) working days from receipt.
• If you wish to pay by credit card, you will receive an email invoice from PayPal. Payments must be received (and not just invoiced) by early discount deadline dates in order to qualify.